Post-operation pain relief
We take your post-surgery pain seriously.
- Post-op pain management should be discussed with both your anesthesiologist and surgeon prior to your surgery.
- At this time, bring up any concerns or fears you may have.
- Posada Surgery Center staff will assess your pain levels from the time of admission until you receive our postoperative call at home.
- You may be asked to rate your pain using various pain scales.
- Constant communication about your pain levels will allow your doctor to alter the the pain management regimin as needed in order to assure your comfort.
Your doctor may use a combination of modalities to help make you comfortable, choosing from oral medications, intravenous medications, injection of local anesthetic prior to and during the surgery.